Crab Cake Topped Grouper
Serves: 2 people Cook Time: 45 minutes Preparation Time: 1.5 Hours Difficulty: Moderate
A great version of crab stuffed grouper packed with flavor from the grill.
2 Grouper fillets
½ lb of lump crab meat
2 cups of panko bread crumbs
1 egg yolk
1 Tbls of Old Bay
¼ cup of finely diced red bell pepper
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
⅛ tsp celery seed
⅛ tsp thyme
⅛ tsp smoked paprika
- Make a spice rub for the grouper. Mix all dry ingredients except Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare crab cake mixture by mixing crab, egg yolk, mayo, bread crumbs, red pepper, salt, pepper and Old Bay. Gently mix to leave lumb crab together.
- Form into round cakes 2 inches thick and bake in a 350° oven until golden brown.
- Rub grouper with spice mix and grill and cook for approximately 5 to 6 minutes per side. You only need to flip it once on the grill.
- Serve topped with 2 Crab Cakes
If you’re unsure of whether it’s fully cooked or not, you can test it with a digital meat thermometer at the center of the thickest part of the fillet. The temperature should read approximately 135°