Macadamia Crusted Snook with Tropical Salsa
Serves: 2 people Cook Time: 45 minutes Preparation Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy
A delicious way to prepare snook with a sweet tropical style mango and papaya salsa.
Salsa for Topping the Fish
1 cup diced mango
1 cup diced papaya
½ cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
½ cup lime juice
1 tsp minced red or green chili pepper
2 Snook fillets
1 tsp vegetable oil
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup macadamia nuts; toasted and crushed
- Prepare the salsa by mixing all of the ingredients in a small bowl, then refrigerate.
- Rub the fish lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the fillets at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 400° lightly brush the cooked side with honey and sprinkle with the crushed macadamia nuts cook until golden brown approx. 5 minutes.
- Turn the fish again, after about five minutes and cook the coated side for about one minute. Repeat the coating and browning of the nuts on the second side until the crust is golden brown and the fish is opaque all the way through.
- Serve topped with the chilled relish
Thickness of fish varies so adjust cook time accordingly. Use a meat thermometer and cook to 135°